Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I have always wondered what it would be like to have more children...



Today I got to experience life with 7 children.  We have the Lopez kids staying with us while Faith is off rescuing Roy from El Paso.  So, I had 6 home-schooled children in the house while my eldest was at school today.  It occurred to me, as we all sat around the dining room with school books open, that I had every grade from 3rd thru 8th represented in addition to my 9th grader off at school.  It was quite a lot of fun, and boy, am I tired! (not too tired to blog a bit however).  We successfully completed all our school work.  In record time, I might add.  It is amazing how fast the work can get done when one has the right incentive.  So , just what did the Taylor household look like today?  Here is a peek...

Seth thought it was quite funny to give Lily some "hair" while we were wrapping our Mummy


Here is the finished product!,  complete with caponic jars and mini organs.

after school work and some lunch, it was time for a game of clue

And some x-box


After a rousing game of tag in the yard, it was off to the park to expend some more of that energy (I wish I had a fraction of the combined energy that was in my house today)!


Mikaela took good care of Lily!  Even when she required a little "encouragement" for the walk home.

And, then of course there was dinner!
We all had a great day and I imagine they are all sleeping soundly as I type... Let's hope so, it will be another busy day tomorrow...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm sooooo not showing this blog to Hannah... she'd be so jealous! I'm impressed Temporary Mom of 7!

Faith said...

I'm glad to be able to put an answer to your wondering:) The kids look like theyr'e having a great time. Roy and I were choked up today when we were considering how blessed we were to have friends like you and Jon. We think you are amazing and a wonderful family. Ahhh energy, I'm beginning to think that's a thing of the past! Thanks for everything!

Kelly said...

That looks like fun! My kids would be thrilled to have friends to do school with :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith - Faith - you are loved! But, we agree the Taylor's are AWESOME!

Jason said...

Hey Taylor's,
Remember your old Maplewood Neighbors the LaValley's. We have been meaning to comment on the blog for a while now. It's great to see what you have been up to. I can't believe how grown up the kids look in the pic's. We are still here in nj. We have a new baby boy named Bowen "Bo". Yes 3 boys. Please email us:-)

We miss you all,
Bekkah LaValley Bekkah.lavalley@verizon.net