Saturday, August 2, 2008

A night with bite... Breaking Dawn midnight release party


Jenny Erikson and I spent last night at the Mission Valley Borders with my daughter, Madeline and her good friends, Aly and Kayla Brown.  We all (yes, Jenny and I are hooked , too.)  eagerly awaited the stroke of midnight so we could purchase our copies of the final book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series.   I am still waiting for my turn to read the book...  Madeline is a fast reader, but I am impatient!  She only has a couple hundred pages left after only having had the book for 12 hours.  And as her mother, I should appreciate that she and her friends got some sleep last night.  However, I am ready to read the book!  Here are some pics of our night with bite.


Madeline takes her turn balancing a book on her head while walking, proving that she is not as much of a klutz as Bella Swan (the main character in the series).  All three girls managed the feat and were rewarded with a Breaking Dawn pin for their efforts.


We watched as they brought the books up to the register to prepare for the start of the sales. 


We finally made it to the front of the line! After waiting through the green, blue, and silver wristbands, it was the pinks' turn.


Here they are showing off their copies!  And the "Team Edward" shirts the girls made.
 
It was a quiet ride home!  In the rear view mirror, I could see three happy faces buried in the first chapters of the long-awaited conclusion!  It was a great way for Madeline to enjoy her last weekend of summer!


3 comments:

Madeline said...

Why did you put that awful picture of me balancing that book on my head on there? Yuck. But aside from that, your post is awesome!

Jenny said...

It was so much fun! Now how long until Midnight Sun?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - obviously out of the loop not aware of this book...have to check it out!